PFLAG Hartford is run by a 100% volunteer work force. Your membership dues and donations to our PFLAG Hartford chapter pay for scholarships, literature to give away, books and DVDs for our library, donations to other organizations, printing and postage, conference fees, office supplies, and mileage costs for our volunteers.
PFLAG Hartford has the following yearly membership levels:
- PFLAG Superhero - $200.00
- PFLAG Hero - $160.00
- P-FLAG Waver - $100.00
- Supporting Member - $80.00
- Basic Household - $50.00
- Basic Individual - $30.00
- Limited Income/Student - $18.00
Please make your check payable to: "PFLAG Hartford" and send it to:
P.O. Box 260733
Hartford, CT 06126-0733
Or use our convenient PayPal account:
Membership in PFLAG Hartford automatically enrolls you as a member of PFLAG National - the nation's largest organization for parents, families, friends and allies united with LGBTQ people! PFLAG National is an important voice for all of us in Washington, DC. and provides critical support for local chapters and their members in a variety of ways, including online education, support materials, webinars, email alerts, advocacy initiatives, and regional organizational support.
PFLAG Hartford is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt non-profit organization. We invite you to consider a tax-deductible contribution to our organization and its important mission (checks to be sent to our Treasurer at the address set forth above).
PFLAG Hartford does not share its membership or email lists with any other organization.
Wow! Now there is an EASY and PAINLESS way to donate to PFLAG Hartford...that doesn't cost you a thing!
Sign up at AmazonSmile, choose PFLAG Hartford as your charity, and everytime you shop, we get .5% donation from Amazon! Sign up here - takes 2 minutes! Thanks!
Your yearly membership dues help us:
- Hold our popular monthly support meetings in Hartford at Immanuel Congregational Church
- Invite speakers to come inspire and inform us at PFLAG meetings.
- Award $6,000 in Brill Scholarships to Connecticut students who are involved in LGBTQ support, education, and/or advocacy in their schools or communities.
- Continue to hold meetings in Manchester, partnering with the Manchester Youth Services Bureau
- Support parents with a "PFLAG Spot" at the True Colors Conference
- Maintain an extensive, up-to-date lending library of LGBTQ books DVDs, and other materials
- Reach out to CT communities through "tabling" events around the state
- Educate / reassure families and newcomers to the LGBTQ community through our brochures, booklets, & online resources
- Keep you informed of current news and events through our email blasts, Facebook page, and website
- Support other organizations serving the LGBTQ community such as: the Hartford Gay and Lesbian Health Collective, True Colors, OutFilm CT, Gay & Lesbian Advocates and Defenders (GLAD), CT Transadvocacy Coalition, Gender Conference East, GLSEN, CTGLC, and the Triangle Community Center
If you feel that our organization has been helpful to you and your family, we encourage you to become a member and help our PFLAG Hartford Chapter to remain a strong and vital organization.