PFLAG Hartford is run by a 100% volunteer work force. Your membership dues and donations to our PFLAG Hartford chapter pay for scholarships, literature to give away, books and DVDs for our library, donations to other organizations, printing and postage, conference fees, office supplies, and mileage costs for our volunteers.
PFLAG Hartford has the following yearly membership levels:
- PFLAG Superhero - $200.00
- PFLAG Hero - $160.00
- P-FLAG Waver - $100.00
- Supporting Member - $80.00
- Basic Household - $50.00
- Basic Individual - $30.00
- Limited Income/Student - $18.00
Please make your check payable to: "PFLAG Hartford" and send it to:
P.O. Box 260733
Hartford, CT 06126-0733
Or use our convenient PayPal account:
Membership in PFLAG Hartford automatically enrolls you as a member of PFLAG National - the nation's largest organization for parents, families, friends and allies united with LGBTQ people! PFLAG National is an important voice for all of us in Washington, DC. and provides critical support for local chapters and their members in a variety of ways, including online education, support materials, webinars, email alerts, advocacy initiatives, and regional organizational support.
PFLAG Hartford is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt non-profit organization. We invite you to consider a tax-deductible contribution to our organization and its important mission (checks to be sent to our Treasurer at the address set forth above).
PFLAG Hartford does not share its membership or email lists with any other organization.
Wow! Now there is an EASY and PAINLESS way to donate to PFLAG Hartford...that doesn't cost you a thing!
Sign up at AmazonSmile, choose PFLAG Hartford as your charity, and everytime you shop, we get .5% donation from Amazon! Sign up here - takes 2 minutes! Thanks!
Here are some things that your yearly membership makes possible:
- Hold our popular monthly support meetings at Immanuel Congregational Church
- Award $4,000 in Brill Scholarships to Connecticut students who are involved in LGBTQ support, education, and/or advocacy in their schools or communities. Donate to the Brill Scholarship fund here
- Expand our meetings across the river, partnering with Manchester Youth Services Bureau
- Add youth groups to our Hartford/Manchester support groups, and a gender non-conforming children's group in Manchester
- Provide PFLAG support to parents in Norwalk at the Triangle Community Center
- Advocate for transgender students through presentations to various school districts, youth conferences, the CT Judicial Court Services, and the Connecticut Education Association
- Host author receptions for Candace Waldron and Rachelle Lee Smith
- Support parents during the True Colors Conference at the "PFLAG Spot"
- Maintain an extensive, up-to-date lending library of LGBTQ books DVDs, and other materials
- Reach out to CT communities through "tabling" events around the state
- Educate / reassure families and newcomers to the LGBTQ community through our brochures, booklets, & online resources
- Provide phone support to families, LGBTQ folks, schools, and service providers through our help lines
- Keep you informed of current news and events through our newsletter, Facebook, and website
- Support other organizations serving the LGBTQ community such as: the Hartford Gay and Lesbian Health Collective (HGLHC), Connecticut Womens' Education and Legal Fund (CWEALF), True Colors, OutFilm CT, Gay & Lesbian Advocates and Defenders (GLAD) and the Triangle Community Center
If you feel that our organization has been helpful to you and your family, we encourage you to become a member and help our PFLAG Hartford Chapter to remain a strong and vital organization.